Monday, August 30, 2010

The VJS Walk "I Walk For You"

    My mother's name is Velva Jean Smith. Most of you don't know her and probably never will. But I guarantee you, you will remember her name. You see, "Our Family" Relay for Life Team 2011 has formed the first annual VJS Walk, "I Walk For You." The walk is in honor of my mother who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I feel helpless against the disease but I have decided to put my walking shoes on and take a stand, or walk, against cancer. This walk is also in honor of those family members and friends who are, have, or will be diagnosed with cancer.

     The first annual VJS walk will be September 18th, 2010 and will begin at the Rolla City Limits and continue to the Salem City limits sign. We will be starting the walk at 7am continuing until the walk is completed. We will have two cars chaperoning us throughout the event, and we would like to ask you to be extra careful that day, and be aware that our team will be walking. We are taking pledges for the walk and the proceeds will go to the "Our Family" Relay for Life Team 2011 fundraising efforts.

     If you would like to make a pledge contact me, Relay Rethy, at 573-453-8570 or contact via email at: theVJSwalk@yahoo.com. We hope you will help us in our fund raising efforts and help us in the fight against cancer. ~ Relay Rethy

No comments:

Post a Comment